Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Roasted Brussel Sprouts


I LOVE brussel sprouts and often you find them in bag already off the stock. But when I can find them on the stock I grab them. When they are on the stock and staying on the stock you know they are fairly fresh. 
Start with "fresh" brussel sprouts which means bright in color and very firm. I cut the core off the bottom and that the outside layer of leaves. Then I also cut them in half. 


When deciding how much to fix I make a Large handful per person

Once they are all trimmed, cleaned, and cut in half, toss them in a baking dish. Then drizzle  a little olive oil over them, and sprinkle house seasoning (salt, pepper, & garlic) and just a dash of cayenne pepper. Once I have it all in the dish I give them a good shake to coat the sprouts well.





Then bake them at 375 degrees for 20-30 depending on the amount that you are cooking and if anything else is in oven etc. Once they are warmed through, and begin to "toast" around the edges squeeze  the juice of a lemon over the spouts and stir again before serving. 






Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by we LOVE to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...