Sunday, September 23, 2012

Corn and Potato Chowder



1 potato, diced with skin on
1 1/2 cups frozen corn
2 cans chicken broth
chicken bouillon cube
1 tsp celery salt
2 cloves garlic (i was out so I used two frozen garlic cubes)
pinch cayenne pepper
1 cup half and half
3 TBS flour
1 medium onion, diced
pepper to taste
1/3 cup shredded cheese
3 TBS butter
real bacon bits (optional)
chives (optional)


Melt butter in dutch oven or pot large enough to cook soup in. I added a link at the bottom to the dutch ovens I love cooking soup in.  Add diced onions, garlic, potato and celery salt.  Cook until onions are tender. Add chicken broth, corn, chicken bouillon cube, cayenne and some pepper. Bring to boil, turn down and then cover with a lid. Cook for about 7-10 minutes until the potatoes are tender. While this is cooking whisk the half and half and flour together. Add this mixture to the soup once potatoes are soft. Turn down to low cook for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. I added in about 1/3 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese and stirred until it melted. Pour in bowl, garnish with shredded cheese, bacon bits and chives, if desired. Enjoy!!!



Pin It



6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this looks delicious! Pinning this one:) Thanks so much for sharing!

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the kind words and for pinning!

      Delete
  2. I'm hosting an It's Fall Y'all ~ Linky Party. I would love for you to share this, and any other Fall projects you have! Hope to see you there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite! We linked up tonight!

      Delete
  3. When do you add the corn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and sorry that it wasn't on there. I have fixed the directions. I got a little ahead of myself on typing :)

      Delete

Thanks for Stopping by we LOVE to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...