Sponsors

.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Oven Roasted Cabbage Wedges

Submitted by Ann Kelly

I really enjoy cabbage, and I love that is is so easy to fix and this is a great example of that.  The nice thing about this dish is that there is no liquid to mess with or to run all over your plate. It is still tender and tasty and already in serving size.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
On a greased baking pan place 1 inch think  round slices  of cabbage in a single layer.
Season as you wish, salt, pepper, garlic, hot pepper etc.

Roast until cabbage is tender and edges are golden 25-35 minutes.

I also do broccoli and Cauliflower. Just cut thin slices and adjust cooking time






This post is linked up with: Reasons to Skip Housework  Funky Polka Dot Giraffe  33 Shades of Green  Debbie does Creations  733 Blog  The Brambleberry Cottage  Delightful Order The Blackberry Vine   Savvy Southern Style  Kellys Korner Blog

9 comments:

  1. This looks like a wonderful recipes for cabbage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a smart and simple way to prepare the cabbage! I need to try it! :) My name is Cindy and I blog over at Vegetarianmamma.com I wanted to invite you to link up your recipe at our Gluten Free Fridays Recipe Link up party! It happens every Friday and we'd love to have you join us with some of your awesome recipes! You can find this week's link up here: http://vegetarianmamma.com/gluten-free-friday-recipe-link-up-1/
    Thanks, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not done this and it sounds lovely. I do roast other veggies. Thanks, visiting from Kim's. Olive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Done it twice, soooo good. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this with some olive oil drizzled on the top before roasting and it was amazing. I think another use for this would be to serve it with Asian food. Thanks for the brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm cooking some with the olive oil right now!! Hope it's good!

      Delete
  6. Made this last night. I drizzled a little olive oil over the top and added salt and pepper. The BEST cabbage I have ever had! This is genius! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad you enjoyed it is so easy and keeps it from getting slimy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Stopping by we LOVE to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...